Tuesday, March 6, 2012

hot crosses baby quilt



crosses or plus signs, whatever you call them, are a fun way to sew using squares. I have been waiting to create a quilt using the fabrics from the Tuxedo collection, that we got in a few months back from Riley Blake,

and got inspired by this quilt I had pinned a while back, and knew that this was the right pattern for the fabric.

I was able to use each piece from the collection, and added in a few green prints to give it some pop. This quilt is actually going to be a gift for a friend who is having a baby girl this month. Her nursery colors are black and green, so this blanket will tie in perfectly.

I will be backing it with rose cuddle and do the quilting on batting before attaching the backing, like I did here.

4 comments:

Christy said...

So Cute! I love it, and I must make one soon. ;)

Jennifer said...

very cute! love the pop of color the green gives it, and the plus sign design is a classic :)

Susan said...

That's a cute quilt. My eye keeps looking for the block. LOL

Rie said...

I just love the colours you chose for it, looks divine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...