Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Circles" strip quilt DONE!


We first sneeked you all a peak of the circles strip quilt HERE then another peek HERE . We are happy to say this quilt project is now done, and we are so happy with the way it turned out!



We took all of our favorite prints out of this collection and cut them into different sizes, we also added in some solids to break up the circles.

I used some of my little one's stickers and marked them with the numbers for my rows so I made sure not to get my order mixed. After my top was all put together, I decided I wanted to quilt the top a bit before I attached it to my rose cuddle backing. I found this tutorial on pinterest on making a no binding quilt, which I really liked because you still can quilt the top.


I just did some straight line quilting randomly on some of the strips, which added some design and texture.


I then sewed my top and bottom right sides together leaving a opening for turning. Oh course I used rose cuddle minky and totally love it!




details:
fabric top- metro living circles
backing- frosted rose cuddle in brown
measures- 38" x 46"


linked to:
Fresh Poppy Design
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...