Thursday, October 13, 2011

$25 craigslist find...can't get any better


For months I have been searching for a hanging quilt rack to hang my quilts as well as use as a display board. For months I struggled to find one in my price range, size and look I wanted. FINALLY one day on craigslist, I just happened to type in the search box quilt rack and a posting popped up for $25 for a 70 inches hanging quilt rack!!!!! I could not believe it.. I called right away and drove 20 min to pick it up...[score!!!!]


I bought it from a couple who had it sitting in there garage for YEARS because she didn't quilt or had the room to hang it. WHAT A DEAL! so this thing is supper long, I mean 70 inches it's huge.. and I love it. The best part is I asked if they had anymore and they DID. The husband, was using a standing quilt rack to hang his pants on.. He let me have it for $5, which made me even more happy since I was also looking for a standing one as well..

Craigslist is a hit or miss, but this day was a HIT...thanks you craigslist Gods...

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm off right now to pick up a glass front book shelf cabinet to store my fabric in - AND I found it on Craigslist! Maybe not as good as your score, but it's what I need.

Danny Heyen said...

SWEET! Gotta love Craigslist!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I never could afford to buy a quilt rack so I bought a large 3" dowel and hung it on the wall with folded muslin slings thumb tacked across the top. It was amazingly strong. Later my dad got an old library railing that attached like a giant towel bar. Congrats on your find!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...